March 20, 2011: SxSW, day 6

For SouthbySunday, I figured I'd just chill out at Uncle Doug's Chili Dog Fest all day and listen to some of my favorite local bands, while occasionally popping over to Beerland for a couple of bands, just like last year. And that's pretty much what I did, but it was even better than I hoped. I heard/saw all or part of 18 sets of music (17 different acts!) with a very nice mix of local and non-local bands. Here's how it went down, more or less... @Beerland: 1) Burnt Ones, 2) Carletta Sue Kay, 3) Brainstorm, 6) X-Ray Eyeballs, 10) Dominique Young Unique, 11) Vockah Redu, and 13) White Mystery; @UDCDF: 4) Quin Galavis, 5) Guadalupe Plata, 7) Strange Attractors, 8) Beta Rhythm, 9) Serious Tracers, 12) The Ripe, 14) Til We're Blue or Destroy, 15) Ugly Beats, 16) A Giant Dog and 17) Cynics. Then I walked over to Emo's to see 18) Vockah Redu again. Much love to Doug for putting on Chili Dog Fest again. I know I say this a lot, but it truly was a beautiful thing.






No comments:

Post a Comment